Thursday 19 December 2013

feeding cows and friends designs..............

It's been a big week here with lots of things happening.........busy work, major milestones in some lives, chrismas catchups/lunchs etc and summer sure is here..........the last week hasn't been under 35deg cel and it's going to get worse before it gets better with the weekend and Monday 40++.......
so i will be trying to get things done while it is cool in the mornings.......the best news is school is over.......bus runs are done and dusted.......I have 1/2 day to work between now and 6th Jan....
hopefully we will have some family time which is seriously lacking....
Boy Wonder and Mr Chooky are busy busy on various properties.......
We have some cows starting to calve out in the paddocks..............cute black babies......
I fed the cows and sheep with Mr Chooky this morning............snapped a couple of pics of the cows..............
you only have to drive into the paddock and they come running..............
I had to get the latest Homespun.............2 of my friends have projects published..........
It's the Dec 2013 edition (best thing they ever did is putting the date clearly on the mag)
Anyway Yvonne's project is a quilt "Sweet Sorbet" soft and pretty...........very tempted to make this one. Has anyone started it? Planning to make it?
You can see a better pic here on her blog.....
Then my friend Leanne has Gemma's Crafty Bag...........
definitely want to have a go at this too........
If you want to see this in another colourway go to Leanne's blog............
Interesting article about "your first craft blog" please don't think you have to be good at your craft to blog..........none of us would have ever have started otherwise...........we are always our hardest critic.......anyone out there tempted to start blogging...........go for it..........it's been an amazing experience for me...........and you don't have to be trying to sell your stuff/have a pile of blog sponsors.........I don't have one blog sponsor and I am quite happy with that......
&&&
I have to post some pics of things that have arrived in the mail over the last week but I took the pics and left my camera at work..............
My FIS Swap parcel has arrived too.......opening starts tomorrow...........
Catch you later
Chookyblue
PS 6 sleeps........hope you are behaving Santa is watching....lol

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

life is very busy on the farm hope you get to have some wonderful family time chooky,yep santa is nearly here,have a lovely evening chookyxx

gracie said...

Love those cow pictures. Yes to blogging being the best thing I started also.

Nemo said...

Some of us are too sneaky to behave too good all year round.. ;) 5 more sleeps.. One more early morning for work.. I can't wait.

Cute cows and babies :D

Susan said...

Love the black calf and cow.
Enjoy family time - no buses - no working (almost) and HAVE FUN.
I have one day of work left then off for 23 days (who's counting??)

Susan said...

It sure looks dry out there. Cute little calf. So true about blogging. It's definitely easier than you think, you don't have to be an expert crafter, and it opens up a whole world of new crafting and friendships.....so thank you for helping me do it! I'm being as good as I can so I hope Santa finds me. X

jude's page said...

Love reading your blog, and thanks for the cow photos, do hope that 2014 will be a better season on the farm for you.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Phew it's gong to be a scorcher today! Totally agree with you about the blogging thing....Yvonne's quilt is just lovely...I love those cooler coolers in the summertime!

Raewyn said...

Always intersting to see your farm photos - love those lovely Angus calves! Cool projects in the Homespun...I'm still undecided whether I want to continue receiving it or not - maybe I'll wait one more month!! (We won't get that issue till Jan.) Hope you are enjoying some great family time.